Monday, December 30, 2013

Toro y Moi/Classixx



     Last winter I had planned on seeing Toro Y Moi at The Granada but Kansas City had a little (BIG) snow-pocalypse so I was trapped at home, unable to get out of my own driveway. Somehow Chaz Bundick and his crew made it to Lawrence and the show was still on. Lots of muttering under my breath and sighing loudly while lying on the floor happened during that night because I hoped that if I couldn’t make it, no one could. I know that sounds ridiculously dramatic but I was really excited about this show and it was torture knowing it was happening without me.

     So then I found out that Toro was in fact coming back again and that made up for the failed winter show. This show might be my favorite I’ve shot so far. I knew Toro would be amazing and they didn’t disappoint. I had never even listened to Classixx before but they were energetic and fun to watch, their music is simple and addicting to listen to. For both bands the music all flowed together and created a wonderful dance soundtrack for the night.  Thank you Toro y Moi, for coming back and giving KC a show to remember, I forgive you guys for the first time you came, I can’t stay mad at you forever.























No comments:

Post a Comment